✍How to Use Fairy Lights to Decorate Your Garden
Fairy lights are a fun alternative to garden lights for those who want to bring the style of their home to their garden. Choosing the right types of lights is important for decorating a garden, as is choosing a power option and a decorating scheme.
Choose from Different Types of Fairy Lights
Fairy lights come in several styles. These are weatherproof, waterproof, suitable for using in a garden. Small bulbs create a Christmas-light look, and are good for year-round use. Larger bulbs are more common on party lights and summer string lights. Different shapes with flowers, butterflies, circles, small tube lamps, and others are all available. Finally, you can choose between plain white, single colour such as pink, or alternating colour bulbs.
Consider the Power Options on Fairy Lights
There are two power options available for fairy lights. Standard powered lights plug into an electrical socket. This is the best option for consistent and reliable power, because 220V lights are brighter and do not run out of power. Battery fairy lights are a great option for occasional use, because they run off regular batteries. Solar powered fairy lights are very easy to install. These lights use solar panels to charge a battery, which runs the lights after dark.
Hanging Fairy Lights in Your Garden
Once you figure out which types and colours of fairy lights to buy, you can start actually hanging them up. If you have a patio, you can string lights between the patio and a wall, or between the patio and a fence to create a different look. Wrapping fairy lights around hedges, hanging waterfall lights from fences and walls, wrapping fairy lights in shapes, and stringing fairy lights between poles or along fences are all great ways to add light to a garden.
- ☛Cell Voltage: 1.2/1.5V. Battery Capacity: Max up 2700mAh (Battery not included).
- ☛Fairy lights are no longer relegated to use in children’s rooms and as whimsical party decorations. The beautiful bulbs can be used in many different locations around your home, brightening up your interior decor efficiently and at little cost.
- ☛Dreaming of the brightly lit vanity mirrors celebrities get in their dressing rooms? Create your own subtle effect with these versatile lights. No matter how big your mirror is or where it’s located, you’ll instantly feel like a star.
- ☛Fairy lights look especially pretty in the bedroom, and can be a fantastic grown-up alternative to a night light. If you have a headboard, string them around the frame for a cosy addition to your room. Alternatively, create your own headboard by marking out your desired shape with lights against the wall.
- ☛If you love your artwork, or even want to add some drama to your photo displays, use fairy lights to draw attention to key pieces. Instead of buying an expensive frame, why not create one with the string of bulbs? Alternatively, thread the lights around bendable wire to create your own light-up art display. Mould the wire into the shape of a heart, star or favourite word or phrase to adorn your walls.